Thursday, June 27, 2013

Grovewood Gallery

I finally made it up to Grovewood Gallery right next to one of the most amazing hotels I've ever seen, the Grove Park Inn. (http://www.groveparkinn.com) It had been "on my list" every time I came to the area, and I never made it until now because it is sort of out by itself and a little difficult to get to.

Grovewood Gallery features mostly local artists, and the thing I most wanted to see was the outdoor sculptures.  I think they have outdoor art on display all the time, and rotate artists showing from time to time. Anyway, it's all very cool, and very expensive.  I didn't note the artists' names or prices, but I was impressed by all of it. 

So following are just the photos I took of some of my favorites.  Not much else to say about them.  I enjoyed moseying among them until one of those fabulous thunderstorms came roaring over the mountains.

There were two of these horses.  It doesn't show well in my photo, but there is glass embedded in some places, and a lot of the exterior is created from "found" objects.  The tail is part of a tree limb, for example.

Big kitty!  It was on a pedestal, but I'm guessing it stood at least 4 feet tall on its own.

From The Road Not Taken, by Robert Frost - - -
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Beautiful large garden gate

This represented a young blue heron with its "first catch", a snake.  See it in the talons?

The tallest flower was taller than me.

A garden of twirling sculptures driven by the wind. ( It made me think of the crazy lady in the movie "Twister" who had all the sculptures in her yard.)

Such a peaceful face.





No comments:

Post a Comment