Friday, April 8, 2011

Nature at its finest

Friday, 4/8 - After a couple of days in civilization, today was spent more "being" and less "doing".  And it was infused with nature in special ways.

First, I had to beat a wasp to death, or so I thought, when he was inside the window instead of outside.  Since I was eating breakfast, I decided to remove the remains after I finished eating.  But then the thing started crawling around again!  So I scooped it up on a piece of paper and released it outside. Tougher than a cockroach!

Then I had to murder a spider in the bathtub.

And then I found this "giant", well at least rather large, frog in the garage when I went to take out wood stove ashes. (see photo below) I coaxed it outside with a stick; it seemed sluggish, thank goodness.  When I went back out later to see if it was still there and determine if I had injured it, there it sat, right by the door.  I also saw it later this evening, in fact, I almost stepped on it when walking around back of the house.  I think it's waiting for another opportunity to come inside.

Lastly, I do believe something has crawled up in the wall or the fireplace and died.  Pee-u-eeee!!  I went online to look for all the ways to get rid of the smell, and am currently using all of them:  coffee grounds, charcoal briquettes,  vinegar, baking soda, candles, and aerosol spray.  I can still smell it!  Apparently time cures all smells, so I hope I can wait it out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment